Chantal Proulx has been painting for a little over 20 years. She has participated in group exhibitions and live creation events. She is now represented by Galerie M Galerie. Since 2018, her artworks are available on online galleries such as Artfinder, Saatchi, Singulart and Artmajeur. Her paintings are now part of several private collections in Canada, Australia, United States and several countries in Europe.
After touching several media such as sculpture, silk painting, and watercolour, I finally chose acrylic painting and mixed media. I paint abstract works where color, movement and spontaneity are in the spotlight. It was the abstract expressionist painters Kandinsky and De Kooning who fascinated me as a teenager and who still inspire me today. I am not trying to represent my environment, but rather to create an emotion in the observer. This emotion is undoubtedly the fruit of the interaction of colours and spontaneous gestures that underlie each work. My artistic process begins with the choice of a basic colour palette. I particularly like the bright and strong colours which are, for me, symbols of joy. The pigments are applied in broad, spontaneous and rapid gestures where the subconscious takes up more space than the conscious. While the paint is still wet, I add other colours that I partially mix on the canvas, keeping visible the traces of brushes or any other instruments. This is what creates the basic texture enhanced with marks of graphite, watercolour pencils or charcoal. Finally, I add a few details that highlight certain areas and guide the viewer’s gaze through a visual journey unique to each work.
- 2020: Exhibition «Aquarelles », Galerie Lenoir, Montreal, Canada
- 2019: Exhibition « Christmas Market » M Galerie, L’Assomption, Canada
- 2019: Exhibition « L’art suspendu », Sanary-sur-Mer, France
- 2018: Exhibition « Christmas Market », M Galerie, L’Assomption, Canada
- 2018: Local exhibition with the artists association Les artistes Point’arts, Montreal, Canada
- 2017: Exhibition at the library of Pointe-aux-Trembles, Montreal, Canada
- 2016: Exhibition at the library of Pointe-aux-Trembles, Montreal, Canada
- 2020: Permanent exhibition, M Galerie, L’Assomption, Quebec, Canada
- 2007: Conception and production of a permanent mosaic called « L’eau, la vie » at College de Bois-de-Boulogne, Montreal, Pavillon Ignace-Bourget (4th floor)
- 2020: Salon des Artistes, Bonsecours Market, Montreal, Canada
- 2020: Symposium des arts UV Mutuelle de Drummondville, Canada
- 2015: Participation to « RAP en direct » at Maison Beaudry, Montreal, Canada
- 2009: Donation for auction to Centrale des syndicats du Québec (CSQ), « Cariatides de l’idéal », watercolour and inkencre
- 2009: Donation for auction to Syndicat des enseignantes et enseignants du Collège de Bois-de-Boulogne, « Semeuses d’espoir », silk painting